Gifts To Our Community: SOS International

Gifts To Our Community: SOS International

HALF A MILLION POUNDS OF MEDICAL SUPPLIES ARE KEPT OUT OF LANDFILLS EACH YEAR THROUGH THE WORK THAT SOS DOES. Moving Resources Since 1993, SOS International has been collecting, sorting, and distributing extra medical supplies from hospitals to developing countries to...
Gifts To Our Community: My Dog Eats First

Gifts To Our Community: My Dog Eats First

Pet Food Bank Betheny Buster had long been a pet lover and owner of Paws Pet Care when a conversation in 2013 led her to establish My Dog Eats First. While eating at a restaurant in the Highlands, she and her son noticed a homeless man and bought him something to eat....
Gifts To Our Community: Greatness Within

Gifts To Our Community: Greatness Within

Lavinia Hawkins, Ph.D., and her husband David co-wrote “Greatness Within” to inspire children and their families. Inspiring Greatness For some people, the place where they grow up imprints itself on them and always feels like home. Lavinia Hawkins, Ph.D.,...
Gifts To Our Community: Decode Project

Gifts To Our Community: Decode Project

When LaToya Whitlock realized that most behavioral problems happened because of lack of reading skills, she and some colleagues started Decode Project. A Path to Reading Literacy Reading is complicated. If we could look into the brains of early readers and see the...